General information about accommodation in lighthouses in Croatia
- Accommodation units - apartments were refurbished in 1999/2000 and they are newly and simply furnished. Apartments are supplied with hot and cold water. Drinking water is in the tanks. The apartments have their own electricity grid with a voltage of 220 V. Porer, Sv. Ivan, Plocica, Susac, Prisnjak and Palagruza have electricity grids which are powered by solar panels using transformers. So you cannot connect heavy electrical appliances such as a hair dryer. Chargers for mobile phones, laptops and weaker electrical appliances may be used.
- Surrounding of the buildings is covered by a standard mobile phone signal 900 MHz and 1800 MHz, and through roaming there is a connection to all European countries.
- In each apartment there is a TV set and a satellite dish
- The bathroom has a shower and toilet. 2 larger and 2 smaller towels are disposable in each apartment. We recommend you to bring some washing powder and other towels for the beach or into the bathroom.
- The kitchen is equipped with a kitchen sink, a stove with an oven and a fridge (the refrigerator has only a small freezer inside) that runs on electricity or gas (depending on the lighthouse), and utensils. We recommend you to bring kitchen towels and spices. Apartments do not have a coffee maker.
- Bedrooms are equipped with beds with mattresses, bed sheets and two blankets for each bed.
- Each apartment has a sitting with four chairs on the terrace or yard (depending on apartment).
- The apartments are equipped with sun loungers and parasols.
- All lighthouses have lightning conductors.
Rent of units includes
- accommodation in the appropriate apartment for the person listed on the voucher (in case of arrival of more people, the provider is entitled to refuse them);
- cleaning at the beginning of the stay;
- change of bed linen and cleaning once a week (in case of staying two weeks and longer);
- adequate replacement of accommodation in case of unfavorable weather conditions, when the departure to the lighthouse / island is not possible.
Rent of units doesn't include
- parking place for cars; exception lighthouse Struga, Savudrija a Veli Rat;
- berth in the neighbouring port;
- transfer from the port to the island and back. Transfer is not necessary to the lighthouse of Struga, Savudrija, Veli Rat, and parking space free of charge is provided for guests here.
- transfer from the airport to the port and back. Transfer from Pula airport to lighthouses: Savudrija, Rt Zub, St. Ivan and Porer, from Split airport to lighthouses: Sv. Petar, Susac and Struga. Prices for transfers are subject to change and we will send them in a specific quotation.
What to bring with you
- food (water, spices - salt, pepper, oil, fruits and vegetables, food for preparation of meals);
- spare towels;
- kitchen towels;
- matches to ignite the stove;
- cleaning products for washing the dishes and hygiene facilities, washing powder;
- other necessary things to stay on the island.
Supply of water
Lighthouses have their own drinking water in tanks (rainwater). If you do not drink this water, you need to bring bottled water with you. Water is generally scarce resource, which is in a limited quantity in the lighthouses, and it is necessary to handle it with care. Water is heated by solar energy. Drinking tap water is only in the lighthouse of Savudrija.
Obligations of the guests
A guest is obliged: to have a valid travel document, to respect the customs and currency regulations of the country, to respect house rules of the lighthouse, to collaborate with the host, to surrender the document of payment of services (voucher received by mail or e-mail) to the representatives of the provider after the arrival, to check if his/her entry into Croatia or neighboring countries is not subject to visa requirements. In case of noncompliance of those obligations, the customer bears the responsibility for costs and damages. By confirming a booking the customer agrees that he/she will pay any damage caused to the lighthouse to the providers of service on the spot.
House rules at the lighthouse
Nature protection at the lighthouse and its surroundings is the most important. Each person must protect nature against pollution, garbage and fire. During the night, it is strictly forbidden to start an open fire, to use a flashlight, to burn candles or to use any other strong light in the apartment without darkening windows, because such behavior threatens the navigation. A permission is needed for all activities such as fishing, underwater fishing, diving etc. (If you are interested in any of these activities, we will help you to arrange the necessary permits. All requirements must be arranged before your departure to the building because they are executed by state authorities which are usually closed at the time of departure.) If the guest does not behave in accordance with the house rules, the service provider as well as Travel agency can immediately cancel the reservation.
Emergency Medical Assistance
Stay at the lighthouses on the remote islands is only recommended to healthy persons. If the guests suddenly need emergency medical help, there is a speedboat or a helicopter that can transport them to the nearest hospital. At all lighthouses, there is VHF radio station, through which help can be called or some medical advice through the emergency channel 16 - channel of security, can be asked for. At each lighthouse, there is a first aid kit available.
Stay of pets
The stay of pets is generally prohibited, except for the lighthouses of Prisnjak and Struga. The price per stay is listed in the pricelist.
If you own the captain's license for the operation of small vessels, you can rent a motor vessel after previous arrangement with the administrator of the lighthouse.
The lighthouse keeper
At all lighthouses, except for Prisnjak, Rt Zub, St. Petar and Plocicathere is a lighthouse keeper and his family who live there and who often become friends of clients.
Delivery of food is possible at the lighthouses of Savudrija, Rt Zub, Veli Rat, St. Petar and Struga for an additional fee. Delivery of food is also possible at St. Ivan, Porer and Prisnjak, but only after previous agreement.